Target Gender Equality is a gender equality accelerator programme for participating companies of the UN Global Compact. Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, Target Gender Equality will support companies engaged with the UN Global Compact in setting and reaching ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership, starting with the Board and Executive Management levels.
Companies participating in Target Gender Equality have the opportunity to deepen implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to Sustainable Development Goal 5.5, which calls for equal women representation, participation and leadership in business globally. Companies will be equipped with the latest data and research supporting the business case for gender equality and gain insights from UN partners and experts on how to accelerate progress on gender equality.
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for gender equality demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors and other stakeholders
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles Gender Gap Analysis Tool
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities specific to your country context
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality.
- Showcase women in your company who are driving business success, sustainability and contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Companies in Bangladesh participating in the UN Global Compact have the opportunity to sign up to Target Gender Equality through the Global Compact Network Bangladesh. For any queries, contact email@example.com.
Company registration: February 2020 – March 2020
Programme begins: April 2020 (Please check exact dates with your Global Compact Local Network)
Programme ends: March 2021